The photo shows my finished case. It has a belt loop and the phone rests horizontally at my side. Yes, my phone would be more easily accessible if I my stomach were smaller, but I am working on that with a calorie counting app on the phone.
I made my case a few weeks ago and did not document it with photos as I made it. So, some drawings will be used to recreate steps that would normally have photos.
Step 1: Tools and Materials
- Sheet steel (about 20 gauge)
- 1/8 inch steel rod
- Angle head grinder with a cutting wheel, grinding disc, and a flap wheel
- Marking pen
- Drill or grinder and paint removal wheel
- Vise Grip Pliers
- Needle nose pliers (for bending the edge band to fit the side pieces)
- Clamps to hold pieces until they can be tack welded
- Wire feed welder
- Dremel tool and a grinding stone