iPod getting all scratched up? Don't want to drop any more dough on a pink plastic 'Pod skin. Scrounge up the change under your couch cushion and make one.....packrat style!
Step 1: Gather Materials and Tools
- 1 Dralla cutting board from IKEA (You get two in one package)
- A Sharp Knife with new blade
- 1/8" drill bit
- Drill or Dremel
- 4 - #8 10mm nylon spacers (If you can't find these spacers, you could always use some heat shrink tubing instead. Just make sure you modify the hole locations before you drill)
- 4 - 6-32 x 3/4" stainless machine screws
- 3"x5" index card or other card material of similar size
- Screwdriver to match the machine screws
- Some 120 and 220 grit sandpaper
- 4G iPod (Duh) *Note: the template in this HOWTO is for a 4G iPod. Since I didn't have any other iPod to test with you may have to modify the template to suit your needs
- Attached PDF file containing the template.