Step 1: Gather Materials and Tools
- 1 Dralla cutting board from IKEA (You get two in one package)
- A Sharp Knife with new blade
- 1/8" drill bit
- Drill or Dremel
- 4 - #8 10mm nylon spacers (If you can't find these spacers, you could always use some heat shrink tubing instead. Just make sure you modify the hole locations before you drill)
- 4 - 6-32 x 3/4" stainless machine screws
- 3"x5" index card or other card material of similar size
- Screwdriver to match the machine screws
- Some 120 and 220 grit sandpaper
- 4G iPod (Duh) *Note: the template in this HOWTO is for a 4G iPod. Since I didn't have any other iPod to test with you may have to modify the template to suit your needs
- Attached PDF file containing the template.
Step 2: Prepare template
Cut out the outline and glue onto the 3x5 index card. This will add stiffness to your template.
Using your knife and the cutting board you don't want to use for you iPod Protector, cut out the window for the display and clickwheel