I'll teach you how to make one comparable to tutus sold in boutiques.
They are SO easy to make, I don't know why people spend so much on them. I've seen some for $60+!!!!
Step 1: Gather these things
1.) Measuring Tape
2.) Tulle (2 colors)
- 4 yards of dark pink and 3 yards of light pink tulle are used to make the pink tutu pictured in the intro.
3.) Elastic (Non-Roll)
4.) Needle and Thread (Any color that won't show through/matches the tulle.)
- Optional things can be, but are not limited to:
Additional Colors of Tulle
Step 2: Measure and Cut
- Cut your elastic half an inch larger than your waist.
2.) Determine how long you would like your tutu to be.
- Double that measurement for the length of the tulle.
- If you would like a layered tutu just make one of the colors at least 4 inches longer.
- Cut the tulle into rectangular strips using your predetermined measurements.
- The inch measurments in step 2 are to be followed if you are making a tutu for a person. The doll's tutu length should be 2 inches longer for the layered effect, and 1 or 2 inches wide.
Step 4: Attach Tulle
1.) Fold one piece of tulle in half
2.) Place the loop behind the elastic
3.) Bring the ends of the tulle up and through the loop
5.) Alternate and Repeat