Introduction: Lemon and Almond Butter Biscuits
delicious, buttery, lemon and almond biscuits - so quick and easy to make......and far too moreish! I have been making far too many sweet things recently. Luckily however I have had friends and family to visit so they have not all been eaten by me!
This is a really versatile recipe and I have also made these biscuits with lemon and poppy seed and chocolate and orange zest - feel free to play around with the flavours you like*
preparation time: 10 minutes
cooking time: 10-12 minutes
makes about 20 biscuits
100g ground almonds
100g caster sugar
100g butter (room temperature)
100g plain flour
1 pinch salt
1 tsp almond extract
zest of 2 lemons
* for chocolate and orange flavour add zest of an orange and 30g cocoa and 70g flour
for lemon and poppy seed just omit the almond extract and add 1tbs poppy seeds to the ingredients above
- preheat the oven to 175C and grease/line a baking sheet
- mix the butter, sugar and almond extract together until well combined - either with a wooden spoon or electric whisk for a few minutes.
- fold in the ground almonds, lemon zest, flour and salt and mix until it forms a dough
- roll into walnut size balls and place with space between on a greased/lined baking sheet
- bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly brown.
- leave to cool for a few minutes before placing on a cooling rack
- Enjoy with a lovely cup of tea or coffee. These also make great gifts stored and presented in a Kilner jar for example.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.