1/2 cup butter at room temperature
3/4 cup caster sugar
3 egg yolks
1 1/4 cups plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
1 tbsp poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180C fan and line a baking tray with parchment paper then Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the egg yolks and add extracts then add the beaten egg yolk mixture to butter and sugar and blend well.
- Now mix in all the dry ingredients into the butter, sugar and egg mixture, mixing until it is thoroughly blended.
- Form into the dough into small balls about the size of a walnut, roll in sugar then place on the baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes depending on how soft or crunchy you want them to be.