its an individually wrapped cake of awesomeness just for you!
no sharing required!
however even though your regular white/yellow, chocolate, and devils food cakes are super tasty they can become dull and boring after a while.
lucky for you! i have created these cupcakes just in time!
lemon flavored rainbow cupcakes with lemon flavored cream cheese frosting!
your taste buds and inner child will thank me....
Step 1: Ingredients!
* 2 boxes of your favorite WHITE cake mix ( must be white for colors to look super bright)
* the other ingredients needed to make your cake mix as stated on the box
* (mine called for 2 eggs and 1 1/3 cup water for each box)
* 1 lemon
* food coloring (the gel kind works best)
* two 8oz bricks of cream cheese of your choice
* one 2lb bag of powered sugar
* 1 lemon
* qt size ziplock bag
* cake decorating tips (if you dont have them its fine. just makes the frosting look all fancy like)
other stuff! (not pictured)
* 2 large bowls for mixing cake and frosting
* 6 smaller bowls and 6 spoons for mixing colors
* hand mixer or stand mixer
* large spoon (for dividing cake mix)
* cupcake liners
* muffin pan
* a good chunk of time set aside to make these cupcakes and loads of patience (though it is SO worth it in the end)