n00tron needs a home in a museum near you!
Please contact us if you can help: dan at MonkeyLectric dot com
As seen at: Maker Faire 2010, SigGraph 2010, Maker Faire 2011, Maker Faire NYC 2011
Step 1: What is it?
- it is a true 3-dimensional display (also known as a Volumetric display)
- the display volume is spherical, about 550mm in diameter
- the display is created by spinning a bicycle wheel with rows of lights inside it
- the bicycle wheel is spun in 2 axes simultaneously
- n00tron is great for making light art, but it is not possible to make 3D bitmaps.
- n00tron is controlled interactively from a control panel
- n00tron draws colorful patterns using simple parameterized drawing algorithms (also known as Generative Art)
- the control panel has lots of knobs that set the basic parameters of the drawing algorithms
- participants of any age can easily create their own amazing 3D light sculptures!
Read on for more information!