Don't forget, if you like this recipe there are lots more awesome food ideas on my blog. http://eating-properly.blogspot.co.uk/
Step 1: Biscuit Ingredients
250g caster sugar
125g unsalted butter at room temperature
100g shelled pistachio nuts (set a few to the side if you want to use them for decoration)
1/2 tsp ground cardamom
1 medium egg
Generous pinch of salt
- Put the pistachios and sugar in the food processor and pulse until finely ground and resembling fine breadcrumbs.
- In a bowl beat the butter with an electric whisk until soft then add the egg and beat for a further 30 seconds or so.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and mix until you have a dough. You may find it easier to do this with your hands.
- Form the dough into a 40cm log and wrap in cling film. Leave to rest in the fridge for around an hour.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 170C and line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
- Unwrap the dough and cut off discs about 1/2cm thick. You can alternatively roll the dough out on to a lightly floured surface Place on the baking sheet, put a halved pistachio in the centre of biscuit if you wish and then bake for around 15 minutes or until just golden on the edges.
- Once cooked allow to firm up on the baking sheet before removing them to cool completely on a wire rack. When the biscuits are completely cool you can fill them with one of the options below or eat them as they are. Enjoy.
Step 4: Honey and Orange Buttercream
400g icing sugar
3-4 tbsp honey
finely grated zest of half an orange
couple of tablespoons of cream or milk
- Using an electric whisk, beat the butter until it is light and fluffy then bit by bit sift in the icing sugar.
- Once the sugar and butter are thoroughly combined add the honey and zest and beat for a few seconds. If the icing is a bit thick add a couple of tablespoons of milk and cream and beat in until you have a smooth consistency.
Step 5: Chocolate Ganache
100ml double cream
pinch of salt (optional)
- Heat the cream in a saucepan over a low heat. Remove from the heat just before it reaches boiling point then pour over the chocolate pieces in a heatproof bowl.
- Stir the chocolate and cream together until the chocolate is completely melted. Add the salt if using then set the mixture to one side to cool.
- Once the mixture has cooled down, beat it with an electric whisk until it thickens up.