For the plum mixture:
- 6 - 8 plums, pitted and sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup of sugar - just depends on how tart your plums are!
- a good pinch of cinnamon
For the topping:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cut into cubes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- dash of vanilla extract
How to make it:
- Mix together the plums, cornstarch, sugar and cinnamon in your baking dish.
- Using a pastry cutter or a fork, mix together the cold cubed butter, flour, baking powder, salt and sugar until the mixture is crumbly.
- Beat together the egg, milk and vanilla until well combined.
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour/butter mixture and stir well until you have no dry bits left.
- Drop the batter onto the top of the fruit using a spoon and your fingers.
- Bake at 350 F for 35-45 minutes, or until the fruit is nice and soft and the topping is slightly browned.
You'll want to let it cool a bit before you eat it. (PLUM LAVA IS REAL) :D
I like mine plain, but it's fantastic with ice cream or whipped cream.