Regardless, polenta lasagna is so delicious I can't be too upset about not being first.
Step 1: What You'll Need:
- one pan of homemade polenta
- 3-4 cups of tomato sauce
- 1-2 cups cheeses of your choice
I made my tomato sauce from scratch - find out how to make it here or here! It's best to have a really chunky and flavorful sauce with the polenta. Mine includes capers, onions, garlic, celery and carrots!
Step 2: Cool and Slice Polenta
Make slices that are around 1/4 inch thick. :)
Step 3: Layer the Lasagna
- Add a couple large spoonfuls of sauce to the bottom of the pan.
- Layer slices of polenta on top.
- Spoon more sauce over and top with cheese!
- Layer more sauce on top of that
- More polenta
- More sauce and cheese!
Step 4: Bake & Eat!
It's really hard to get clean slices out of this lasagna, but if you let it cool for 10-15 minutes after it comes out of the oven that will help immensely!