by a simple shorting block and headers you can 'program' it so the output is:
- only from a single panel (left or right)
- the solar cells are in series
- the solar cells are in parallel.
Step 1: What you will need.
- A wooden plank (or a project box) to put it in.
- A soldering iron (and solder of course)
- Wires in different colors (just one color will work just as well, but can be very confusing)
- A shorting block and headers (or something else you see fit for the job, if you have enough switches, they should do the job just as well)
- The most important: solar cells.
- Triangular piece of wood (optional: it only serves to make the protecting case)
- Some way to make a variable outfit. I got a gadget key chain at a festival which should charge your phone. It had a cable where you could fit multiple outfit plugs in. but multiple cables should work as well.
- A hot glue gun
- A saw
- A drill
- Sanding paper
Step 2: Step 1: thinking it all through
I did a bit of thinking here, but you're free to add or leave certain things as you like.