so first off, what is paper marbling?
paper marbling is a method that you can use to decorate paper or fabric. it gets it's name because the finished product looks a lot like the rock, marble. the process involves floating ink on top of water, then laying a piece of paper on top of the water. then what you end up with is marbled paper
I am not a professional paper marbler(are there professional paper marblers?), these instructions are just simply how you can do it at home.
Step 1: What You'll Need
- A large tray or pan, don't use that you use for food unless you are willing to clean it thoroughly. I recommend using one of those aluminum ones that you can get at the dollar store.
- Marbling ink. this stuff can be expensive, and I didn't have any on hand so I used India ink.
- A piece of paper or card to marble.
- a toothpick to swirl the ink.
- a dip pen ( this one is optional)
Step 2: Starting the Marble
First, dip your pen into the ink. get a good amount on there. Then you lightly touch the pen onto the surface of the water. the ink will spread out in circles. do this a few times until you think you have enough ink floating on the water.
Step 3: Swirl the Ink
Step 4: Get It on Your Paper.
After that lay you paper somewhere sunny dry, and admire your work!
One thing I have found is that when the paper dries it will warp. you can solve that by ironing it! just be careful not to burn it