This instructible will show you how to "stitch" a broken plastic box back together!
1. something to drill with i.e. Dremel tool or electric drill
2. zip ties, any size or color
3. diagnal pliers or scissors
useful Black felt tip marker
Thick glue, such as silicone or hot glue
an ink pen, just the plastic tube part
Step 1: Step 1 Drilling
1. its useful to know what you will be storing in the box before you continue. Just note that if you are storing bowling balls then you should probably use more stitches than if you were just storing blankets.
2. start by using your handy-dandy MARKER to place two dots on either side of the crack, between 1/4" to 3/4" away from the crack. Now do it again about two inches or so up along the crack, and continue marking it along the entire crack length.
3. Now prepare your drilling tool and choose a drill bit size that is similiar to the width of your zip ties.
4. Drill a hole in every place you marked with the marker.
Step 2: Step 2 Stitches
Make sure that the zip tie head will end up on the inside of the box, because they can be potentially sharp.
1. Use one zip tie to connect two holes across the crack.
2.Now pull it tight, (pliers are helpful
3. Cut off the excess and squeeze the little bit of sharp plastic, on the zip tie, with pliers to dull it.
4. repeat until completely stiched
5. if your crack runs through the rim of the box refer to the next page.
Step 3: Step 3 Rim Support
1. Pull out your plastic ink pen tube (or other plastic tube of similiar size)
2. Use the same procedure as in steps 2 and 3 to attach the plastic pen under the lip of the box rim . This will help support the box and cover up jaged edges.
3. use the thick glue as a protective finisher to cover any places along the box where the edges protrude enough to hurt a person.
Congradulations, you have just reclcyed your box and saved it from a life of Not-biodegrading in a landfill.