Have you ever had a broken/ cracked recycling bin or other large palatic storage bin? Of course you have! SO pay attention to learn how to get more use out of your stuff and keep it out of the LANDFILL. (ewww)
This instructible will show you how to "stitch" a broken plastic box back together!
1. something to drill with i.e. Dremel tool or electric drill
2. zip ties, any size or color
3. diagnal pliers or scissors
useful Black felt tip marker
Thick glue, such as silicone or hot glue
an ink pen, just the plastic tube part
Step 1: Step 1 Drilling
First look at your box. If it is completely obliterated and wont even stand up on its own, then i hate to say it but you should probably get rid of it. BUT if the crack hasnt ripped it in half or crushed it you will be able to fix it!
1. its useful to know what you will be storing in the box before you continue. Just note that if you are storing bowling balls then you should probably use more stitches than if you were just storing blankets.
2. start by using your handy-dandy MARKER to place two dots on either side of the crack, between 1/4" to 3/4" away from the crack. Now do it again about two inches or so up along the crack, and continue marking it along the entire crack length.
3. Now prepare your drilling tool and choose a drill bit size that is similiar to the width of your zip ties.
4. Drill a hole in every place you marked with the marker.