You will need:
- Soldering iron (15/30 watt)
- Duct tape
- Thick(ish) wire
- (20~24) Gauge magnet wire (or copper radioshack wire)
- NPN 2N3055-type Transistor (radio shack part # 276-2041)
- 27 ohm 1 watt resistor (5watt if use with 300amp battery)
- 240 ohm 1 watt resistor (5watt if use with 300amp battery)
- Heatsink for transistor (the bigger the longer the use)
- Box to put it in
- 12-24 volt power supply (i have tested it on a 12v 1amp wall transformer and it works fine and a 300a lawn and garden battery)
Q and A
Were can I find that type of flyback transformer?
Well, in a dumpster if you can find an old CCD TV or monitor (the types that aren't thin) crack one open (don't actually crack it open use a screw driver please :-) ) and pull it out
Were can I find 20-24 gauge mag wire?
I took mine out on an old amplified fm antenna but other sources are good and it doesn't have to be mag wire; it can be soled copper wire too.
Were can I find a switch?
In one the things you took apart to get the flyback or the mag wire if you still cant find one try radioshack
Were can I find the power supply?
In your basement car closet junk pile you name it (please put a volt meter on it to test voltages)
also you can use a 300 amp lawn and garden battery from lowes or were ever.
Were can I find you?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org. I will be more than happy to answer your questions