It took me only a few minutes to make my first single rainbow loom bracelet, and I've gotten even faster since then.
Step 1: What You'll Need:
Step 2: Lay Down the Bands
- Turn the loom so that the red arrow is facing away from you and the loom pieces and arranged so that the middle piece is one lower than the two side pieces.
- Place one rubber band around the bottom middle and the bottom left pegs.
- Place another rubber band so that it goes from the bottom left to the second middle peg. (Make sure this band lays on top of the previous band)
- Place a band that goes from the second middle peg to the second left peg.
- Repeat all the way up the loom, making sure that each band you're putting on the loom sits on top of the previous one.
Check the photos for additional help. :D
Step 3: Loop the Bands
- Turn the loom so the arrows are facing you.
- Insert your hook under the orange band that is stretched between the first middle and second right pegs.
- Pull that band up and over, so it sits only on the second right peg.
- Now have a look at the second right peg - there's a pink band going from that to the second middle peg.
- Insert your hook and grab the pink band only, and pull it up and over so it's sitting entirely on the second middle peg.
- Continue looping the bands over as shown in the fourth photo, always grabbing the lone band under the one you just looped.
Step 4: Finish Looping and Start Securing
Pull off the end loop (mine is orange) and loop a c-clip onto the band. Make sure both sides of the band go into the c-clip.
Step 5: Pull the Band Off and Finish It
Do this by pulling up and towards yourself.
When you get to the end, you'll have one bigger rubber band loop (mine is green) - pop that big loop into the same c-clip you used to secure the other end. (see the third photo!)
CONGRATS! Now go make hundreds of them. :D
P.S. Ready for something a little more complicated! Try the double rainbow loom bracelet!