1 tbs cumin seeds
chopped mint/parsley to garnish (optional)
Step 1: Brown the lamb and fry the veg
- Fry the lamb on both sides until nicely browned
- Add chopped veg and spices and fry for a few minutes until softened and slightly browned
Step 2: Prepare the lentils, add remaining ingredients, simmer and shred :)
- At the same time in a separate pan bring the lentils to a rapid boil for 10 minutes before draining and adding to a pan with the tinned tomatoes, grains, stock and seasoning
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for an hour until the lamb and veg are tender
- Remove the lamb and shred with a fork and remove any bones before putting the meat back in the soup
Step 3: Serve and eat :) Delicious!
- Serve with crusty bread and butter if you like, garnished with chopped mint or parsley - I hope you enjoy!