Prep & Cook Time: 45 min.
Yields: 24 mini cupcakes or 12 regular cupcakes
You can view the whole recipe with pictures at my blog: www.aweekfromthursday.wordpress.com.
Step 1: Ingredients
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
2/3 cup butter
3 egg whites
1 whole egg
3/4 cup whole strawberries
3/4 cup pink champagne
Step 2: How-to
- Puree strawberries in a blender or food processor. You should have about 1/3 cup of puree.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine sugar and butter. Mix until fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Add the egg whites one by one into sugar mixture, then add the whole egg. Beat until creamy.
- Fold in the strawberry puree until well combined.
- Slowly add in all of the flour mixture.
-Finally, mix in the champagne and mix until smooth.
Step 3: Add to Baking Pans
- Fill cupcake pan with 1/2 of the batter in each slot. These things do rise, so be aware. Mine sort of tumbled over and were top heavy.
I made mini cupcakes.
Step 4: Baking Time
Step 5: Let Them Cool
Here's what they look like. They're pink and very moist.