But because I've made it so often, I thought it might be time to mix it up.
ENTER: STUFFIN' MUFFINS
I'm mostly making these so I can keep talking about stuffing muffins.
This recipe makes one 9x13 pan of stuffing or 24 stuffin' muffins.
Step 1: Ingredients
- a loaf of bread (around a pound - I'm using sour batard because it is DELICIOUS)
- an onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced finely
- 3-4 stalks of celery (to equal the amount of carrot), diced finely
- 2-3 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 cups chicken stock (this is my favorite kind)
- 4 tablespoons of salted butter
- a few pinches of poultry seasoning
- fresh sage and parsley, chopped (optional - but adding a couple tablespoons of each adds nice color and flavor!)
You'll want to have a couple muffin tins, a baking rack and some cooking spray. Oh, and preheat your oven to 350 F!