Introduction: Sultana and Clementine Biscotti
I have been making loads of biscotti these last few weeks - ideal for holiday food gifts. This recipe is flavoured with sultana and clementine zest. I hope you enjoy :)
preparation time: 10-15 minutes
cooking time: 25-30 minutes
makes about 35-40 biscotti
300g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
zest of 1 clementine/orange
100 g sultanas
1 tsp vanilla extract
Step 1: Preheat the Oven and Prepare Your Baking Sheets
- preheat the oven to 150C and grease and line your baking sheets
Step 2: Whisk the Sugar, Eggs and Vanilla
- add the sugar, eggs and vanilla essence to a bowl and whisk with an electric mixer until thickened, fluffy and doubled in size - this should take a few minutes
Step 3: Add the Other Ingredients...
- fold in the flour, baking powder, sultanas, clementine zest, baking powder and mix until incorporated and a dough is formed.
Step 4: Shape the Biscotti Dough
tip out the dough onto a floured surface and shape into flattened 'sausage' shapes - about 5cm wide and 2cm high then place onto a greased baking sheet with a few inches space between each one.
Step 5: First Bake...
- bake for about 15 minutes until light brown/golden and firm to the touch
Step 6: The Second Bake
- cut the biscotti into 1.5cm slices and place back on baking trays - continue to bake for another 12-15 minutes - until golden brown
Step 7: Remove From Oven and Enjoy :)
- remove from the oven and leave to cool on a rack before storing in an airtight container. These keep well for several weeks.