Here is my first IKEA hack!
Notice that you are working with hazardous voltage in this instructable!!!
Only do this if you know what you are doing!!!
Step 1: The Component list
You need something like this parts:
- 1x sangen (IKEA lamp)
- 1x cover distributor
- 1x pressure switch
- 2x Flat-plug-sleeve
- 1x Butt connector 1.5 mm ²
- 1x color yellow
- 1x color black
- 1x 230V led bulb
- 3x Lighting terminals
- 1x Universal Power Supply
- 1x ton, record module (thanks to Mcobit)
- 1x Pack sugru or glue
a piece of plastic for maximize the button size
a little bit glue
everything together should not cost more than 100€
Step 2: The Case
Build everything off what at the IKEA lamp is soluble.
- Take the yellow color and dyeing the box completely. Also the plate of the bottom.
- Do it where you do not mess up everything yellow.
- Let it dry.
- Take the template (images) print them out and cut them out.
- Take the black paint and spray a question mark on.
- Make sure that the question mark is not the wrong way. (because I did it at the first time)
- Let it dry.
- cut a hole for the button in the plate of the bottom (image 2)
- click the button in it
Step 3: The circuit
look at the image.
- cut off the plug of the lamp
- press a hole in the middle of the cover distributor
- put the wire through it
make a knot for strain relief
- solve the strain relief by the socket
- open the socket
solve one wire
connect this with the connector and a piece of the single wire
(this goes to the button)
- another wire go from the free clamp to button
- press the two Flat-plug-sleeve at the ends of the wire
- cut a pice of the socket (for wires)
- click it all back together
maximize the button size with piece of plastic and glue
Make sure the strain relief and the isolation!