Don't forget that if you like this recipe you can find many more ideas on my blog. http://eating-properly.blogspot.co.uk/
Step 1: Ingredients
1 kg strong white bread flour
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
14g fast action dried yeast
4 tbsp olive oil
approx 600-700ml warm water
Topping (enough for two large pizzas)
500g minced lamb
1/2 red pepper, finely diced
1/2 large onion, finely diced
1/2 green pepper, finely diced
4 small tomatoes, skinned and finely diced
bunch each of fresh parsley and dill (about 3 tbsps of each when chopped)
1 tsp chilli flakes
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp all spice
1 tsp ground cinnamon
pine nuts (optional)
Roughly equal quantities of the following, all finely diced/sliced according to your preference:
2 spring onions
large bunch of flat leaf parsley
Juice of half a lemon
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
Step 2: Make the Dough
- Put all the dry dough ingredients into a large bowl, make a well in the centre and pour in the oil,Using a butter knife or your hands start to bring the ingredients together. Gradually add the water, little by little, until you have a rough dough.You may not use all the water or you may need to add a little more. Knead the dough in between each addition.
- Once you have a rough dough turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for around 10 minutes or until you have a smooth springy dough.Once you have a rough dough turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for around 10 minutes or until you have a smooth springy dough.
- Place dough in a bowl, cover with lightly oiled cling film then leave in a warm place to rise for about and hour or so.
Step 3: Prepare the Topping
Step 4: Roll the Dough & Preheat the Oven
Step 5: Put It All Together & Make the Salad
- Cover the dough base with an even scattering of the mince topping, sprinkle over a few pine nuts if you wish then bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden and cooked completely.
- Prepare your salad while the pizza is in the oven. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl then set to one side.