Introduction: Twitter Arduino Security System
You will need:
- An Arduino uno or similar.
- An Arduino Ethernet Shield
- A breadboard
- A computer with Arduino IDE
- An Ethernet cable connected to internet
- Two momentary switches (can be replaced by sensor)
- Two 1K resistors
- A bunch of wires
Step 1: Step 1: Wirring Up
- Put the shield on to the Arduino
- Wire it up as on the image.
Step 2: Step 2: Configure the Sketch
- Go to Arduino tweet and get your token
- Open your sketch
- Change" token" to your personal token
- If needed change the ip adress so that it fits your network(Tips: "192, 186, 1, 20" is equal to "184.108.40.206")
- Change the text at the end of these to personalise your tweets
char msg0 = "starting";
char msg1 = "something moved";
char msg2 = "door open";
Step 3: Step 3: Upload and TWEET
- UPLOAD the sketch
- OPEN your serial monitor
- Send tweet by pressing the switches
Step 4: TROUBLESHOOT
- If you get error 403 THEN delete all your messages from your TWITTER account and wait a minute
- If you get error 503 THEN re upload and it will get away
- If you get connection failed THEN connect to an other ethernet output or change ip adress
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.