The main flavors of this white bean dip are garlic, rosemary and lemon - though you can change it up if you like!
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- juice of half a fresh lemon
- pinch of dried rosemary
- salt to taste
- Drain and rinse the beans and set them aside.
- Peel the garlic and cut it into thin slices
- Heat the 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a small pan over medium heat until it shimmers
- Add the sliced garlic and a generous pinch of rosemary to the olive oil, shaking the pan and frying it until the garlic is golden brown. Take it off the heat when it gets close - it will keep frying a little while after it is removed.
- Add the beans and the olive oil mixture to a food processor. Add a pinch of salt and squeeze half a lemon in as well!
- Process on low for a couple minutes until nice and smooth - you might need to scrape down the sides a couple times.
- Check for seasonings and serve!
I've even spread it on bread when making a sandwich. :D