The cupcake batter is once again based on the vanilla cupcake recipe in Dan Lepard's excellent book, Short and Sweet. This is my go to recipe for a reliable, tasty cake.
If you like this recipe please check out my blog
Makes approx. 8 cupcakes in muffin cases
125g caster sugar
125g unsalted butter, very soft
2 tsps vanilla extract (feel free to try almond instead for a variation)
150g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
100g good quality white chocolate, roughly chopped
50g macademia nuts, roughly chopped
1 quantity of berry frosting.
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan/350F/Gas 4 and place 8 muffin/cupcake cases in to your muffin tin.
- Using an electric mixer beat the sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla extract for around 3 minutes on the highest speed until light and fluffy.
- Next sift in the flour and baking powder and beat for another 30 seconds or so. You will end up with quite a thick batter.
- Gently stir in the chocolate and nuts being careful not to break them up any further.
- Fill each case up to about two thirds then place the tray in the over for around 20-25 minutes until golden brown and firm.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely before decorating with the frosting.