Step 3: Attach the Jelly Lens to the front plate of the ATC2K
- remove the Jelly from the lens, it detaches easily. what is left on that side of the
lens is a plastic rim about the thickness of the frontal plate. perfect !
- take a washer with an inner diameter close to (but smaller than) the size of
the rim and draw or scribe that circle. The washer enables you to center the circle nicely.
- on the front plate, file out the square window until your hole is about round and of the
drawn/scribed diameter. This should be smaller that the rim on the lens.
- Now carefully sand the hole wider (I used a pen so the sand paper would sand
a reasonably round hole) until it thightly fits that rim on the jelly(-less) lens
- after a fit is reached, be sure to remove burrs and crumbs of plastic from the
underside of the frontal plate.
- clip and file off the extending bit of the lens floor plate.
For good measure, I glued the outside of the lens where you can see it is made out of two parts.
it is important that no water enters the lens.