To begin with , i always liked to see windmills and stuff that works with the wind and so i tried to make something on my own . In the begining I just made a small wind turbine with no other purpose but to spin freely . Then I thought why not making something that can use the wind energy and convert it to electricity , so I ended up making a wind powered generator ....
After some research on the internet i found a lot of ideas to start and since it was summer i had plenty of time to spend on it .
Step 1: The Tools and the Pieces Your Are Going to Need
THE TOOLS : well basicly you are going to need a lot of tools and propably as you go on will find out that they are not enough .
- a saw
- a mechanical saw
- a drill
- various drill bits
- a fretsaw
- sand paper
- a file
. . .
THE PIECES: you can change most of them to suit your needs (not paintjob or inner frame material here)
- a pvc pipe (10 atmospheres will work best ) the diameter of the pipe depends on the diameter of the rotor and blades and also the number of the blades .
- a smaller pipe for the tail that make the wind generator face the wind
- fitings to reduce the the diameter of the main pipe to the tail pipe
- plexiglass for the tail
- a circullar disk from a durable material for the rotor
- screws and bolts
- metal and elastic washers
- a very durable screw for the base yaw mechanism
- a small metal wheel with a punched bearing inside
>These are the basic tools and materials and tools you are going to need ( and lots of patience... )