The boy and I are proud owners of a wonky Ikea coffee table that we found on the side of the road. The major problem with this table is that it has a handy-dandy shelf, which likes to collect just about every small object in the apartment. It looks bad, our cats sometimes steal things, and I'm constantly losing things only to have to dig around on the shelf later.
So I figured we needed a box... but a FANCY box. A Zelda box!!
I decided I might as well have a go at woodburning, because it's something I've always wanted to do. I practiced a little on a wooden spoon ( P.S. I'm really sorry about that, spoon. I don't think anyone wants you in their kitchen now. D: ) and then went for it!
And so, without further ado, my first ever woodburning project - a Legend of Zelda themed box!
Step 1: What you'll need
- box of some sort (I chose this hinged basswood one!)
- templates printed out to size
- woodburning kit (I used this one)
- pliers (optional but allows you to switch out hot woodburning tips!)
- sandpaper - finer is better! I'm using 220 grit.
I found source images online and then printed them to size. I chose the Hylian, Zora, Kokiri, Goron and old Gerudo crests.