Introduction: Adjusting the Metal Drill Press
Properly position the work before operating the drill press.
Always clamp the workpiece. The drill bit can grab, and cause the material to spin dangerously.
There are a variety of clamping options available; ask Shop Staff if you need assistance.
Note: Do not drill into the table. If you are going to drill through the workpiece, put a sacrificial board or piece of metal under the workpiece
All speed changes must happen with the motor off.
- Use the speed chart to determine settings.
- Move the upper & lower levers to match the image on the chart.
- If a lever is difficult to engage, rotate the chuck by hand while moving the lever.
- When you are ready to start the motor, rotate the speed selector to 1 or 2, according to the speed chart.
- Always turn the knob to the right (clockwise), so the motor spins the correct direction.
Adjusting the Table Height
All adjustments must happen with the motor off.
- Move the lever to unlock the table.
- Rotate the handle to raise or lower the table.
- The table can be rotated around the column when unlocked.
- Lock the table.
Share a photo of your finished project with the class!
Nice work! You've completed the class project