Introduction: Digital Read Out
UNITS OF MEASUREMENT
Most of the cutting tools are measured in decimal inches by 0.001" (1/1000"). For example, 1/4" is 250 one-thousandths of an inch, and written as 0.250".
The digital readout (DRO), as well as the digital calipers, display in decimal inches or millimeters.
DIGITAL READ OUT (DRO)
The DRO displays the position of the X and Y axis in increments of 0.0002" or 0.005mm
The Soft Keys change using the left/right arrows. Look at the label above the key to see its current function.
- Press NO REF when the DRO first starts up.
- Press INCH/MM to switch to metric.
Press the ZERO/SET soft key to switch between zero or set mode (displayed in the upper right).
- ZERO mode: press the axis key to set that axis to zero.
- Ex. Press the X axis key in ZERO mode and the X axis will be set to 0.
- SET mode: enter a number and press the axis key to set that axis to the number entered.
- Ex. Enter 1.25 and press the X axis key in SET mode and the X axis will be set to 1.25.
The DRO has built-in advanced features, such as circular or linear patterns. Explore the interface or talk to Shop Staff.
Share a photo of your finished project with the class!
Nice work! You've completed the class project