Introduction: Operating the OMAX Waterjet
The following outlines basic operation and etiquette when cutting on the waterjet.
Area and Machine Preparation
- Use Fusion's 2D Pathing to create a cut le.
- Or prepare a DXF with Omax Layout.
- Load the material onto the bed.
- Secure the material to the bed.
- Set the material type and thickness in Omax Make.
- Set the Z offset.
- Set the Path Start.
- Check the toolpath for potential collisions.
Making the Cut
- Return to Path Start.
- Return to Z0.
- Turn on the air for the garnet hopper.
- Install the shields.
- Adjust the water level.
- Turn on the pump.
- Click Begin Machining.
- Stay close to the Pause button.
- Use the saw feature if needed.
- Turn off the pump.
- Clean the workpiece with the hose.
- Put scraps in the recycle or trash.
- Clean and put away the clamps.
- Hose off the clamps.
- Place them in the bin on the pump house or on the controller.
- Hose down the machine to remove any garnet buildup.
- Raise the water level to cover the slats.
- Mop up any water spilled on the floor.
- Release the air from the hopper.
Print Out This Guide
This course is available as a PDF that is attached to this step. Happy cutting!
Share a photo of your finished project with the class!
Nice work! You've completed the class project