Introduction: Starting Up the HAAS Mill
To start up the mill:
- Press the green POWER ON switch.
- Wait for the computer to boot up and give instructions.
- Close the doors.
- Reset the E-Stop by rotating clockwise.
- Press RESET.
- Press POWER UP RESTART.
- This will cause the table and spindle to move quickly.
- Turn on the interior light.
Warm Up the Spindle
If the mill has not been run today, you’ll need to run the spindle warm-up program.
- Press LIST PROG.
- Press WRITE/ENTER to open the MEMORY folder.
- Use the cursor keys to navigate.
- Select O02020 (WARM-UP Pier 9).
- Press SELECT PROG to select the program.
- Press MEM to send the program to machine memory.
- Press CYCLE START to run the program.
- This takes about 15 minutes.
- Prepare your tools while waiting.
Note: You may get an error stating the mill hasn't been run recently.
- Press CANCEL to acknowledge the error message.
- Press CYCLE START to run the program
Share a photo of your finished project with the class!
Nice work! You've completed the class project