Introduction: Straight and Curved Cutting
Bandsaws are useful for making both straight and curved cuts.
Making Straight Cuts
Every band saw has some amount of drift. While cutting straight with the blade, it will pull to one side or the other.
- Adjust the angle of your work to make a straight cut.
- Using the fence can help to make a straight cut.
Making Curved Cuts
Blades have a minimum cut radius depending on the width of the blade.
- Forcing a blade to make too tight of a radius will result in friction that heats the work and blade, causing damage to both.
- Make relief cuts to create a small radius.
- When making relief cuts you must stop the blade completely before backing it out.
Share a photo of your finished project with the class!
Nice work! You've completed the class project