Introduction: Using the Vise and Control Panel
The vise must be used for every cut.
Using the Vise
Always use the vise; never hand hold material in the horizontal band saw.
- Brush out the vise to make sure materials lie flat.
- Turn on the laser to align your work.
- Located on the saw control panel.
- Lift the back of the vise and open it slightly wider than your work.
- Set the tab at the end of the vise between two of the teeth in the clamping bar.
- Turn the vise handle to clamp the work.
- The vise handle is the lower handle.
- The upper handle is for maintenance only.
Saw Control Panel
The saw control panel has 4 main functions.
- Start button
- Stop button
- The blade will automatically stop when the saw finishes cutting.
- Laser switch
- Use to align the blade with the desired cut line.
- Coolant switch
- BAND ON for metals.
- OFF for plastics.
Share a photo of your finished project with the class!
Nice work! You've completed the class project