loading
1Comments

Tell us about yourself!

Complete Your Profile
  • Borderlander commented on Seakip18's instructable How to Make Wine1 year ago
    How to Make Wine

    95% of this instructable I liked but making wine for the past 7 years had that remaining 5% of it make me shudder. 1: if you add sugar to your wine regardless of reason your making flavored alcoholic horse piss(simply add more juice concentrate). 2: if your equipment is sterile (I recommend cheap vodka for cleaning) you will never need any chemical. 3: I don't care if Jesus turned water into wine, If he didn't do so in a glass carboy I wouldn't drink to save my soul(use glass for all stages! it's not that much more expensive!) 4:on the topic of bread yeast.....so what? granted it's not as good a specially developed strains but I assure you its pretty good if done right (fermented around 60-65degrees F). And on a side note: if your wine is rather tart or even a little bitter it usually m...see more »95% of this instructable I liked but making wine for the past 7 years had that remaining 5% of it make me shudder. 1: if you add sugar to your wine regardless of reason your making flavored alcoholic horse piss(simply add more juice concentrate). 2: if your equipment is sterile (I recommend cheap vodka for cleaning) you will never need any chemical. 3: I don't care if Jesus turned water into wine, If he didn't do so in a glass carboy I wouldn't drink to save my soul(use glass for all stages! it's not that much more expensive!) 4:on the topic of bread yeast.....so what? granted it's not as good a specially developed strains but I assure you its pretty good if done right (fermented around 60-65degrees F). And on a side note: if your wine is rather tart or even a little bitter it usually means it's a dry style wine(little sugar to balance out the juices natural ingredients) so don't hate it. might just need a little aging to mature. [it took years before I could appreciate my wine due to lack of understanding how it should taste. I've had 800$ chardonnay that made me puke. just because it doesn't taste like a Boones farm or a maddog2020 doesn't mean it's wrong. it means it's right and it only needs YOU to accept it as it is. ps: Welch's 100% juice is a cheap way to experiment, especially using cherry or blueberry fruits as an additive]

    View Instructable »