With Instructables you can share what you make with the world, and tap into an ever-growing community of creative experts.
Tell us about yourself!
I had a similar, though more dangerous, experience with my pool chlorinator some years ago. Our pool filtration/heater system had an automatic chlorinator bottle for pucks which dissolved over time. I also had a bucket of chlorine pucks, some of which had broken down to a powder. To empty the container I dumped the powdered pucks into the bottle (which was contained in a shed, btw) and screwed down the lid. I had just stepped out the doorway when a blast like a bomb went off and I saw jagged shards of plastic flying across and beyond the diagonal corner of the 50' x 20' pool. I have no idea about the chemistry involved but I'm sure I would have been serious affected had I not had the shed wall between myself and the 'bomb'. DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME.
Let your inbox help you discover our best projects, classes, and contests. Instructables will help you learn how to make anything!
© 2016 Autodesk, Inc.