author
3Instructables1,330Views4CommentsJoined July 13th, 2017

Tell us about yourself!

Complete Your Profile
  • Arduino Controlled Electric Kettle

    It was what I wanted to do but all the stainless kettles I found were <1.5kw and had leaky plastic windows. the sidewall was much too thin for me to weld up the window. i did buy 2 ancient copper kettles and replaced the elements with new ones sourced from aliexpress but their capacity was >3 liters and would have taken too long to boil, even had I upgraded the element, and soldered on a housing for the electronics. For a time i tinkered with installing the ssr and kettle socket in a guitar pedal box and attaching it to the side of the copper kettle. It was wasted money as it was inadequate, however it would have been a suitable vessel for the 2.5kw element, had the large original element hole been soldered over.If I were to do so again and had access to a faulty copper immersion ...

    see more »

    It was what I wanted to do but all the stainless kettles I found were <1.5kw and had leaky plastic windows. the sidewall was much too thin for me to weld up the window. i did buy 2 ancient copper kettles and replaced the elements with new ones sourced from aliexpress but their capacity was >3 liters and would have taken too long to boil, even had I upgraded the element, and soldered on a housing for the electronics. For a time i tinkered with installing the ssr and kettle socket in a guitar pedal box and attaching it to the side of the copper kettle. It was wasted money as it was inadequate, however it would have been a suitable vessel for the 2.5kw element, had the large original element hole been soldered over.If I were to do so again and had access to a faulty copper immersion tank, i'd cut it up and make the kettle from copper and assemble it with silver solder. I wouldn't have had to wait 6 months for the company to build it, I could have done it myself with a plumbers torch quite inexpensively.I found my stainless kettle would turn the water inside rusty overnight, so I had to treat it with a weak acid. The code really needs a bug fix as the element exploded inside due to dry burn and had to be replaced.

    View Instructable »
  • themoreyouknow commented on machinest's instructable 3D Printed DIY Mouse7 months ago
    3D Printed DIY Mouse

    http://alumni.media.mit.edu/~mellis/mouse/

    View Instructable »
  • themoreyouknow's instructable Bale Spike's weekly stats: 9 months ago
    • Bale Spike
      102 views
      1 favorites
      0 comments
  • themoreyouknow posted an instructable Bale Spike9 months ago
  • themoreyouknow's instructable Debounce a Mouse the Hard Way.'s weekly stats: 10 months ago
    • Debounce a Mouse the Hard Way.
      94 views
      0 favorites
      0 comments
  • themoreyouknow's instructable Arduino Controlled Electric Kettle's weekly stats: 11 months ago
    • Arduino Controlled Electric Kettle
      74 views
      0 favorites
      3 comments