Author Options:

Another variations (Tomahawk, Porter)? Answered

I'd like to add that besides cowboy cut when comes from the upper part and with bigger part of bone is also called tomahawk.

Also when T-Bone steak comes with more meat in it is also called Porter.
These differences can be tricky and might confuse to some.

I've heard that in Argentina its very popular a steak called "Churrasco", I would like to know how to ask for it or which other names it has.


2 Replies

mikeasaurusBest Answer (author)2017-06-23

There's so many cuts of meat, and different regions/countries have colloquial names which adds another layer of confusion. For this introductory class I tried to keep things to some common tasty cuts, and used the most widely used name to keep things identifiable.

From my cursory investigation, it looks like Churrasco is the term for any grilled meats, not a specific cut. Maybe someone who lives where this is a thing can elaborate more. :)

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

Nitroxgas (author)mikeasaurus2017-10-19

That´s right! Churrasco is used in Brasil more often. In Argentina and Uruguay you will find the Parrillla or Assado, basically a different and delicious way to prepare your steak!

In Argentina ask for an Ojo(eye) de Bife(beef, same sound), it is a ribeye cut close to the short loin, their especiality. Also ask for a Bife de Chorizo (sirloin)!

As a brazillian from the south, that´s a regular meal around here!

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer