Author Options:

Automatic machine for ataching cork to a plastic top Answered


Does anyone know what kind of machines and adhesives are used to attach a cork to a plastic cap/top?


3 Replies

orksecurity (author)2010-06-01

I'm not sure what kind of "plastic cap" you're referring to. Most of the bottlecaps I've seen in the past decade use plastic-coated cardboard rather than a cork, and just press-fit it into the cap.

If an adhesive is used, I would suspect industry uses a simple thermoset polymer ("hot glue"), since that's probably the easiest thing for machines to work with -- dispense a drop hot, slap the liner in, and by the time you're ready to use the cap it'll have cooled and solidified.

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

lemonie (author)2010-06-01

This sounds like an industrial-process question, is it?


Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

frollard (author)2010-06-01

What is the exact use of the machine? 

without enough details, the answer is "the machine applies glue to the piece of cork, and attaches that to a piece of plastic".

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer