Author Options:

Can you identify this tool? I believe it is used on firearms.

Picture of

This tool came in a box of firearm items, however we have been unable to identify what it is or what it would be used for. The overall length is 2 7/8 inches, largest diameter is 3/4 inch, smaller diameter is 7/16 inch, has a 3/16 slot on one end and two 1/8 inch pins in the larger end, pins are 1/2 inch apart. There are two holes cross drilled in the smaller diameter, they are each 3/16 diameter and are 15/16 inch apart. The metal is blued same as a firearm would be. There are no identification markings on this tool.

5 Replies

petercd (author)2014-09-23

Im just guessing here, but Im going to say its a pin wrench for removing integral silencers from rifles.


JM1999 (author)petercd2014-09-23

This sounds the most convincing so far, I just love the way you guys are so quick with the research!

Josehf Murchison (author)2014-09-23

I would go with a 30 cal firing pin tool like this one for a 50 cal.


It probably goes with one of the guns you bought.

wheelerjp50 (author)2014-09-23


This is the closest I can find on image search. I suspect yours is specific to a brand of rifle.

wheelerjp50 (author)2014-09-23

Looks like a nipple wrench. The small end would be used to install/remove the primer nipple from a black powder firearm. The pins in the other end might fit into the breach plug of an inline black powder riffle and be used to romove/install it. The holes in the side are so that you can slide something through them (like a screwdriver) to act as leverage.