Commandments of Knex guns. Answered
1. All guns shall be 6 layers or less
2. All magazine fed guns must be bolt action. I mean come on this is 2013 we've seen enough basic mag guns.
3. Removable magazines must have an internal pusher, closed top, and actually lock into the gun and not just use friction to stay in.
4. Only shoot normal rods, oodammo, or fin ammo. Connector ammo is a giant no no.
5. Big stocks are the greatest sin. A stock should be the right length and be sturdy. Do not make some piece sucking monstrosity. No it's not more comfortable.
6. Be as piece efficient as possible. Don't make the gun bigger than it has to be.
7. Use a pin guide. Always and forever.
8. No tape can be used on the gun except on the pin.
9. Avoid cut parts if possible. Your gun had better do something different or special for it to have cut parts.
10. Have an angled grip. Always.
These are in no order. Just follow them.