PAI is a community rich in culture and diversity, distinguished by its high level of job satisfaction. We believe that our team members are our most valuable assets, so we recognize and reward great performance.
We believe in open communication and foster an environment of creativity, loyalty and respect both for employees and clients alike.
THE BIG PICTURE
Do you like to get into in-depth trouble-shooting that would revolve around TiVo, DVR, or multiple types of digital video media? Do you excel in communicating with people in both a technical and non-technical way? Are you known for thinking outside the box when it comes to creative trouble-shooting solutions? If so, there’s a strong possibility you’d fit in well with an exciting new project at PAI.
As Team Leader, you’ll assist in providing first-and second-level customer support for the full line of video media software products for our newest client. You and your team will interface with customers via telephone and email to provide troubleshooting, patches and/or bug fixes, version upgrades and software use tips. Ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction is key, and will be measured by providing quality issue resolution within the established response time intervals and service level standards.
• Basic professional understanding of video standards such as NTSC and PAL, frames and fields, and frame rate and basic video signals such as composite, S-video, Component, SDI and DV.
• Basic understanding of broadcast digital video formats and compression such as Standard Definition, High Definition, MPEG-2, GOP Structure, Program and Transport Stream, as well as popular internet streaming, and download and desktop media formats such as Windows Media, Real Networks, QuickTime, MPEG-l, MP3, MPEG-4, etc.
• Understanding of audio channels, digital audio sample size sample rates.
• Understanding of non-linear video editing concepts.
• Familiarity or use of a content management system or digital asset repository
THE EVERYDAY VIEW
• Phone, Email, and Remote Desktop support to resolve client issues,
• Lead a professional team in providing world class support to leading industry customers
• Verify and escalate bug reports to Engineering for resolution
• Document problems/resolutions for internal/external knowledge base articles.
• Effectively communicate with customers, both written and orally, to manage expectations through the trouble-shooting and issue resolution process.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH:
• Excellent trouble-shooting/problem solving skills with high attention to details and good follow-through.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to install and configure Windows Operating Systems.
• Basic hardware, software, operating system and device driver troubleshooting skills.
• Basic understanding of MS SQL and/or Oracle server installation and configuration.
• Basic Linux/Unix installation and administration skills.
• Understanding of Windows File Systems, configuring IIS, JBOSS, Apache, File permissions and Disk management.
• Ability to troubleshoot basic networking and connectivity issues including TCP/IP, DHCP and DNS.
• Ability to effectively work with a variety of personalities and occasional stressful situations.
• Ability to multi-task under time constraints.
• Able to work Evening and Late Night shifts.
• Experience providing support within a Network Operations Center environment,
• Digital Media or related Software or Production Service or 2+ years Digital Media Encoding/Production Experience.
Digita Media Enthusiast/Tech Support Specialist Answered