Author Options:

Does anyone know the best place to get a peltier unit?

I would like one, but don't know where I should get it from.  I can get them from hong kong on ebay, but I don't like to have stuff shipped internationally.


3 Replies

Jayefuu (author)2012-01-06

Farnell, RS Electronics, Rapid Electronics, Digikey and eBay all sell them. They might also be listed under TEC or Thermoelectric Cooler.

If you want good performance, don't just buy a cheap one, look for one that comes lapped and sealed otherwise the ceramic wont be flat. *insert Steveastrouk here with comments about lessons learned in my dissertation*

furrysalamander (author)Jayefuu2012-01-06

I wish that melcor company or whatever was still around, apparently they offered samples of their products.

Burf (author)2012-01-05

Amazon.com sells them for less than $10 but they are bare units. You'll need a big, honking heat sink, thermal compound and possibly a fan to complete it.