Author Options:

Fly back transformer? Answered

Ok, i have this transformer that i pulled out of a mac computer a couple years ago, i dont have it with me nut i think its a flyback. If it is, could i just hook it up to a battery and capacitor to make a charger or do i have to build some sort of modulator or switcher?
Almost anything helps, thanks.

2 Replies

The MadScientistBest Answer (author)2011-09-15

You need a driver circuit see this site.

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

LargeMouthBass (author)2011-09-14

You will need a driver circuit to drive the primary windings to produce a HV output on the secondary.

There are many flyback driver circuits on this site and elsewhere, but I can't vouch for any of them.

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer