Author Options:

Hat repair Answered

ok,so ive checked local craft stores and i havent been able to find replacement snaps for my hat. searching the web has also turned up zilch. so,i figured if anyone knew where to get them,it'd be you guys.

and just to be clear,i want the snaps.not go buy a hat and cut them out.


O sorry, I didn't check it out as closely as I should have.....mostly company ads...

Press studs are usually plasticky, and break far too often.

I would (now that the opportunity has presented itself), remove them, and replace them with Velcro. Just cut Velcro to fit on the straps, and sew it on.

7 year old hat,the snap that fit broke 2 years ago. so 5 years isnt bad for it.

They are also called "press studs" - try that in your search string instead.

thank you kindly,i might be able to sew some of those to make my own.