Author Options:

Help developing a Kodacolor-X roll of film? Answered

I have a roll of Kodacolor-X Color Negative film, and I know that they won't develop this in a normal lab with the rest of the C-41 rolls, so I need some help.

All the information on the roll is read as:
Process C-22
Kodacolor - X
CX 135-20
ASA 80 - 20 DIN
24 x 36mm

Does anyone know a way or a place I can get this process C-22 developed? Please let me know. Thanks!

8 Replies

kelseymh (author)2013-02-05

A quick Google search came up with the following: apparently you can use black-and-white developing with C-22. If C-41 chemicals are used, they essentially bleach the negative.

Blue Moon Camera in Portland, OR (http://www.bluemooncamera.com/Kodachrome_BW_developing.php) applies the above B&W process. They require prepayment of the developing cost.

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

leanne_martinau (author)2013-02-05

Have you had a look at developing colour negs with COFFEE? Silly as it sounds try googling that and you may be happily surprised

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

adamjohnson9 (author)2013-01-21

Fujicaman C-22 and C-41 processing are NOT interchangeable !! C-22 was phased out by around 1976-1977, so your film must predate that time period.

The only lab in America that still processes C-22 is somewhere near Denver,and they only do it when they have enough film to justify making up a batch of chemicals. So,if you sent them your film,it could be months before you got it back.
Marketing Research Companies

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

yellowcatt (author)2012-11-11

There are some specialist labs that will process films requiring obsolete processes. When I was working at a photo lab we would sometimes get the odd C22 or E4 film, we could not process these but we did have details of a lab that could process them:
There is also a Canadian lab called Film Rescue International:
These services are not quick as they like to get enough films of the same type so that they can process a batch in one go.

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

yellowcatt (author)yellowcatt2012-11-11

I was just searching a bit more on this and it seems that some people have had problems with www.processc22.co.uk/
See comments here:

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

caitlinsdad (author)2012-11-08

You might need to call around to the local pro camera shops - if any exist anymore
http://photo.net/film-and-processing-forum/00Zix1 old discussion means it would be even harder to find someplace now.

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

GorillazMiko (author)caitlinsdad2012-11-08

There's a Powell Camera right by my house, but even they said that they wouldn't be able to develop it. Do you think it would be possible to develop myself?
I'd just need to know which chemicals to get because they probably differ from the C-41 process, I assume.

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

caitlinsdad (author)GorillazMiko2012-11-08

It seems you have to DIY or contact an arts school with a film lab doing B&W developing and see it if they want to experiment. Otherwise, try this http://yarnzombie.net/craft/?p=266

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer