Author Options:

I need a new mac "magsafe" connecter and cord to splice onto my power supply? Answered

i have a powerbook with the "magsafe" connector and my dog (i'm serious) chewed the cord and chewed the connecter tip. Is there any replacement parts that you're aware of for these units?


FYI Apple just settled a class action lawsuit and is now replacing defective magsafes for free (not sure if dog-chewing qualifies): http://cnet.co/tl5p4W. I walked into the Mac store with my crappy one, they made me sign a document and then handed over a new one. Simple as that.

 @rockmtn: very interested in the pictured magsafe sparepart. how could one go about getting it from you?


Also.... http://www.dealextreme.com/search.dx/search.magsafe if you wish to buy a cheap new one and not have to be paying shipping.

I have some genuine magsafe parts to fix your magsafe. I have the cords with the magnetic end attached to them. You would just need to splice the cable to your old cable.


Could I ask you for one of these I will post an epic instructable if you do.  Also I need a magsafe male port as well... Just the internal part though I don't need the laptop I just want a cord and the de-soldered male port

Apple is very private with their technology. I've never seen any other manufacturer supplying parts especially for the mag charger other than apple. You'll probably have to buy a new charger. You might find something on ebay that maybe has good connector but the charger is dead that you could graft to your good charger. Good luck.