Author Options:

I wanna put a lock on my pc case. Help me out please? Answered

 I like recycling things so I want to turn a pc case into a mini safe with a lock system. I know I need hinges and a clasp I believe its called. How would i install this as a opening door and not a sliding door?

2 Replies

Re-design (author)2010-01-09

The piece where the lock fits is called a "Hasp".

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

lemonie (author)2010-01-09

Remove the bits of metal that make the panel a sliding door, so that it isn't held on at all. Mount it with piano-hinge, and pop-rivets, then fit your clasp & padlock. It'll look ugly, but it'll work that far. Pop-rivet the other panel too.
Or you could buy a drive-bay adapter with lock, like this and use that (much nicer)


Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer