Is this site a scam or is it good? Answered
The site is: http://horizonnashville.com/
I just wanted to know because i sent them a song and they sent me some information and a contract. The email says:
Congratulations! We are impressed with your song lyrics (BLANK) and I’m happy to tell you that we have accepted them to be
set to music and Professionally Recorded!
We have many credentials and accomplishments and we hope to add your song
to our list. With sales, radio air-play, television, motion pictures and
live performances a prolific songwriter can easily earn in excess of One
Please open and read the attached letter and contract. Our contract is for
your benefit. It protects you as 100% owner of your words and provides
that you receive all money that they may earn, in addition to, our "Cash
I look forward to a rewarding relationship.
President, Horizon Music
The contract says:
SONG RECORDING CONTRACT
Date: May 25, 2011
Songwriter: Vincent Dolliole
I would like for Horizon Music to produce a professional recording of my song listed below:
Horizon Music agrees:
1. To compose music for the Songwriter’s words and produce a professional song recording using five
Nashville musicians and one Nashville singer.
2. To provide the Songwriter with two compact disc copies of the completed song within approximately
three weeks from the date that their contribution is received in full for that song.
3. To submit the song to music industry professionals as Horizon Music deems appropriate.
4. To ensure that the songwriter is paid 100% of all money that may be earned by their words from
sales, radio airplay, television, motion pictures, live performances and to pay $80,000.00 Cash Bonus
for each song that reaches the Number One position and $20,000.00 Cash Bonus for each song that
reaches the Top Ten position in the internationally recognized Billboard Magazine Chart.
5. To edit the Songwriter’s words only for phrasing and commercial time allotment and to protect them from
plagiarism to the best of our ability.
1. To make a one-time contribution of $369.00 for the song listed above to be professionally recorded.
2. To make a partial payment of $_______________________ (minimum $123.00) and send the balance in
payments that are convenient for my budget. I understand that I may use a personal check, money order or use
my charge card below.
3. Please charge my: Name on Credit Card: ____________________________ Amount $_________________
Card Number: _______________________________________________ Expiration date: _______________
Check song style preference: ____ Country ____ Pop ____ Christian ____ Rhythm & Blues ____ Rock
Print, sign and mail one copy of this contract with your contribution to:
Horizon Music, P.O. Box 292006, Nashville, TN, 37229
If you do not have a printer, e-mail us your regular address and we will send you copies by regular mail.
Ronnie James, President