Author Options:

Large plastic tube with spirals round it, like a massive toilet roll? Answered

Hi,I need some very large pipe, between 45 cm and say 90 cm. I just need about 150 cm length- again, fairly flexible here.  either thin metal or even better probably, fairly thin plastic (say 2-4mm walls if in plastic.) NOT CORROGATED. And, ideally (pretty vital really but looking a bit bleak to find this) made in the same way as a loo roll: with one or two pieces of material that twist around each other so that the pipe has curving spiral joint along its length. Any ideas much appreciated, I don't know where to begin really. What industry should I phone up and annoy with enquiries? I 'll try builders surplus yards I guess, and I thought people who dig up roads and replace water pipes might have stuff.. Or direct from manufacturers, although so far everything I look at is just straight tube, not made in the spiralled way I'm after. CLUES PLEASE !!! Thanks, Georgie


2 Replies

kelseymh (author)2013-07-26

If you don't mind cardboard instead of plastic, look for concrete post forms or concrete footing forms.

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

rickharris (author)2013-07-26

If you can tell us what for we can offer a better idea - also where in the world are you.

Most/all plastic tube will be extruded as a solid tube in varying diameters and thickness and material.DIY shops can supply up to 25 mm dia in the UK.

Agricultural suppliers often have a bigger range.

your using mm so I guess your in UK

cardboard tube from a carpet.

What your describing is often used for ducting (heating eng) for such a short length you may get an off cut for free.

Sewer pipe is about that diameter - you can get it in plastic.

Find a stainless steel kitchen wast bin they are that sort of diameter and length

Not much will be spiralled as you desire!.




cardboard tube from a carpet.

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer